A blend of organic GOTS-certified cotton and natural rubber, this eco-friendly elastic is a sustainable alternative to the synthetic options on the market. Soft on the skin yet strong and durable in structure, this elastic serves as a staple for making clothes and accessories. No need to worry about it ending up in a landfill, as it’s 100% biodegradable.
- Available to buy in 10m, 25m, 50m or 100m roll
- 65% Organic cotton with 35% Natural rubber
- 100% Biodegradable and Plastic free
- Colours available Ecru, White, and Black.
- Ideal for clothes and accessories. Perfect for waistbands
- Made in India using GOTS certified organic cotton and natural rubber
- The responsible, eco and environmentally friendly alternative to conventional elastics
- For custom large orders and custom colours lead-time is 3-4 weeks including delivery.
Washable up to 40°C (104°F) and will shrink up to 5% in the first wash. We always recommend washing before sewing (in a load with like colours is fine). Do not tumble dry. Cool iron if necessary.
Organic cotton is grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, and chemical fertilisers, which means it is better for people and planet. Natural rubber is an existing resource that helps fuel local economies and prevent deforestation, without the need for synthetic polymers.
Organic cotton blended with natural rubber elastic is kinder to the planet and better for your skin. It also prevents any possible nasty fibres washing away into our water.
This elastic is unusual as it’s 100% biodegradable. Elastic is usually made of synthetic polymers, which do not biodegrade and so continue to pollute the environment when thrown away. Of course, it won’t start to biodegrade while you wear it! To kick start the bacteria needed to break down the material, ensure it is composted when it is eventually discarded (hopefully after many years of love and use).